Monday 2 November 2009

Experimenting with fonts

Fonts
Initially, I still haven’t decided what the title of my school magazine will be. To get some influence I experimented with different fonts which would suit my target audience which some have been shown below. I liked this font shown above, as it creates a girly welcoming for the audience and it seems quite feminine. I also liked it because it seems quite creative as though its been hand drawn which gives off an art aspect, especially for those who do graphical and creative courses.
This font really above, seems suitable for a school magazine as it looks as though its type written. However, I don’t think it’s very exciting for my target audience as its aimed at teenage girls which could be an off-put for my readers.

I like this font as its quite simple, which could initially let the readers be more drawn to the images shown on the front cover rather than the text which could be the outcome which I am hoping to get. However, I think that the title (font colours, type of font and actual title) could crucially be the most important part of the front cover as it gives off an impression of what the magazine will be about.

Above is an image of a banner which I thought would be useful to use behind my title font using bright colours. This could make the title stand out more and seem more eye-catching for my particular target audience. It also relates to the school genre of my magazine, as it looks like a school sign, or a symbol used on school uniform, for example.

I also thought this font shown above, was quite interesting, as it seems quite scruffy and child-like which makes the magazine seem more informal and able for my target audience to relate to. I thought that the “O” in the word “Fortismere” could be changed in PhotoShop to the female symbol which again links to my target audience. However, I will not be using “Fortismere” as my final title, I just came up with different ideas to get more influenced to create my title.

No comments:

Post a Comment